I am a fourth-year PhD student at the Computer Graphics and Visualization group at the University of Technology Delft. In my research I seek to connect computer graphics- and geometry processing techniques to applications in machine learning and painting analysis. I am advised by Dr. Klaus Hildebrandt and supervised by Prof. Dr. Elmar Eisemann and Prof. Dr. Joris Dik.
I have gathered experience as a graphic designer and filmmaker during my undergraduate years. You can find some examples of that work on this website. Outside of academia, I enjoy making music, reading and discussing books, watching movies, biking, and playing soccer.
Sidebar painting: Ottmar Elliger, ‘Stilleven met bloemen en vruchten’ (1671), from the Rijksmuseum collection.
[2019 - present] PhD Computer Graphics
- Connecting geometry processing and computer graphics with machine learning and creative applications.
- Additional responsibilities: lecturing, lab assistance, creating assignments, supervised 10 BSc students (thesis project), 3 MSc students (thesis).
- Toolkit: C++, OpenGL, Python, PyTorch, Blender.
[2017 - 2019] MSc Computer Science Cum Laude
- Focus on data science and computer graphics.
- Thesis (grade 9/10) “Harmonic Surface Networks” [PDF download] (Published at SIGGRAPH as a technical paper)
- Toolkit: C++, Python, PyTorch.
[2014 - 2017] BSc Computer Science Cum Laude
- Focus on data science and multimedia.
- Thesis “Automating Valuations for Real-Estate” [PDF download]
[2013 - 2014] Propedeuse Industrial Design Engineering Cum Laude
 Research Internship
- Investigating material and appearance capture, mentored by Valentin Deschaintre and Julien Philip.
 Teaching Assistant
- Developed assignments for new datamining and Machine Learning courses.
- Assistance to students during lab sessions.
- Toolkit: Python, Jupyter, NumPy.
 Development Internship
- End-to-end machine learning solution for estimating real-estate value.
- Toolkit: Scala, Apache Kafka.
[2012 - present] Video producer, graphic designer
Wiersma Brothers, Torchbearers International, freelance
- Wiersma Brothers: founder, producing video’s and short films.
- Torchbearers International: creative director and web development. View samples of my work.
- Freelance work in graphic design and web development.
- Back-end developer for websites and and business administration webapps.
[Summer 2022] Summer Geometry Initiative (SGI) mentor
- Mentored fellows of SGI in a project on “Learning on Surfaces”
[2020 - present] Committee member
SIGGRAPH research and career development committee
- Organized Conference Coffee at SIGGRAPH ‘21, SIGGRAPH Asia ‘21 and SIGGRAPH ‘22.
- Production/writing for website, Thesis Fast Forward, and SIGGRAPH/ToG writing guides.
[2020 - present] Reviewer
ACM Transactions on Graphics, SIGGRAPH Asia, Pacific Graphics, TMAA, Computers & Graphics
[2013 - 2019] Committee member, committee chair
C.S.R. Delft (student association)
- Organized festivities, academic debates and hosted lectures (20-300 participants).
- Produced several narrative short films and an anniversary book.
[2014 - 2017] Restaurant staff manager, PR
Happietaria, Hartige Samaritaan: pop-up restaurants for charity, lasting one month.
- Together with all the volunteers for Happietaria, raised €78.913.
- Staff and communications manager for Hartige Samaritaan (November 2014, February 2017).
[September 2022] Best Full Paper Award - GCH 2022
- Eurographics Workshop on Graphics and Cultural Heritage 2022